This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CapturingTraditions #CollectiveBias
When the weather starts to cool off even the slightest bit here in the desert, I turn into a walking talking meme. I pull out my sweaters, fall boots, decorative gourds, and start baking anything and everything flavored with apples or pumpkins. Friends, it’s finally starting to cool off and my boots have already been worn in. My kitchen smells like pumpkin spice, apple cinnamon, and every other possible fall cliche. Last week, I made a loaf of this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread and it’s my official welcoming ode to fall.
I started by adding some flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder to a large bowl and mixing it together.
In a separate bowl I added some sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla and combined them together
Next I added the wet ingredients to the dry and stirred until just combined.
I transferred the batter into a loaf pan that I had greased ahead of time and baked it in a 350F degree oven for about 45 minutes.
Once the bread was done baking, I let it cool for several minutes and then made a glaze. I added some applesauce and powdered sugar to a small bowl and whisked it together before pouring it over the top of the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread. The glaze trickled down into the cracks of the bread adding a little extra sweetness.
When the bread cooled completely, I served it with a dollop of Gold ‘n Soft smeared over a slice. It’s got a perfectly buttery taste, but it’s easier to spread over super moist bread and baked treats. Gold ‘n Soft contains no cholesterol or hydrogenated oils and has zero trans fats per serving. The small 15 ounce tub makes it the perfect size to keep on hand for my fall breads. Just look at how smooth that Gold ‘n Soft goes on over my Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread, getting into every nook and cranny!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Transfer batter into a prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for several minutes.
- Prepare glaze by whisking together applesauce and powdered sugar.
- Drizzle glaze over the top of the bread and allow to settle before serving.
For more Gold n Soft recipe inspiration from bloggers like me, be sure to visit the Gold ‘n Soft social hub. You can pick up container of the delicious spread at Smart & Final while you’re grabbing the rest of the ingredients to make this bread.