When I first saw these Baked Cream Cheese Wontons over at Damn Delicious, I was super excited because Asian food is my BFF. But seafood is so not my BFF and her recipe calls for lots of shrimp. I made a few small adjustments to her recipe for a non-meat version of these delicious bites of creamy glory and thought I’d share them with you. Serve these during game time with several dipping sauces to win at life and impress people with your culinary skills. Even though these are crazy simple, no one else needs to know. Ha!
In a large bowl, mix together some cream cheese, garlic, green onions, ginger, sesame oil, and (glorious!) Sriracha until it’s all well combined and creamed together into a glorious filling!
On a flat surface, you’ll assemble the wontons one at a time, using a generous teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in each square.
Next, you’ll use your finger to smear on some water onto the edges of each wrapper.
And seal them together, opposite ends at a time, to create an X.
Place the wontons in a single layer on a baking sheet that’s been lightly sprayed with nonstick oil. And then pop those lovelies in the oven for several minutes until they’re golden and crispy.
You can serve these yummy snacks immediately. I recommend serving them with three or four dipping choices because dipping sauces and wontons are like peanut butter and jelly. My favorite to serve them with: sweet & sour sauce, PW’s dipping sauce, and sweet chili sauce.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 16 wonton wrappers (2 inch)
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, garlic, green onions, ginger, sesame oil and Sriracha and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble wontons on a flat surface and spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mixture into the center of each wrapper.
- Use your finger to rub the edges of the wrappers with water.
- Fold each of the sides over the filling to create an X and pinch the edges to seal.
- Place wontons in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.