This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
One of my favorite ways to celebrate coming holidays is by whipping up some festive popcorn that features bright colors and sweet and savory flavors. Inspired by the DOVE® Peanut Butter Eggs and M&M’S® White Chocolate (new and exclusive at Walmart), I put together this pastel, chocolate covered dream of a concoction my kiddos have dubbed Easter Popcorn. It’s a fun treat that pleases the eyes as much as it pleases the tastebuds and feels positively festive to enjoy during this warmer spring weather.
To start, I popped some popcorn fresh over my stove with plenty of flaky salt.
Next I poured it all over a sheet of parchment paper to cool off.
Once it was dry, I melted some pink and purple candies and drizzled both colors all over the popcorn, giving it a nice coating.
While the candy was still wet, I sprinkled over a generous amount of M&M’S® White Chocolate.
I let everything cool down and harden for about an hour before adding a few DOVE® Peanut Butter Eggs to the mix (for a chocolate surprise to unwrap later!) & then scooping up the Easter Popcorn into a few clear Easter eggs, which I also found at Walmart.
These fun Easter Popcorn eggs are a fun way to store the snack for later guests or even for Easter baskets. I love how the colors of the popcorn show through, enticing the recipient!
As a mother of five, Walmart is my Easter destination this spring. With exclusive Mars candy like M&M’S® White Chocolate, the new DOVE® Peanut Butter Eggs (you guys, these are so good!), and Starburst® Jelly Beans Strawberry, all of my basket needs are covered. And when I combine the savings by using Ibotta, it ensures I save money while still giving my kiddos a memorable Easter experience.
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups melting candy
- M&M’S® White Chocolate (about 3/4 cup)
- DOVE® Peanut Butter Eggs (roughly 6-8)
- Add oil and kosher salt to a large pot and place over high heat.
- Once oil is hot, add popcorn kernels & cover.
- Shaking frequently, allow popcorn to pop until about three seconds left between each pop.
- Transfer to parchment paper to cool.
- In medium bowl, melt candy 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- Drizzle over popcorn (repeat with multiple colors as desired).
- Sprinkle M&M’S® White Chocolate candy over popcorn while still wet.
- All to set for one hour before transferring to bowl.
- Add in wrapped DOVE® Peanut Butter Eggs to unwrap & enjoy later.
For additional Walmart-inspired Easter recipes, crafts, and more, be sure to visit the Walmart website to hunt for your own savings while being inspired from other bloggers like me as our work is featured on the site.