This post is sponsored by Netflix.
Friends, Christmas is what I live for. With a name like Holly, it’s practically my life’s mission to spread holiday cheer. When it gets reasonably close enough to Christmas (read the stroke of midnight on November 1st), I’m ready to deck the halls and falala. Regular ol’ peppermint fudge just will not do, no it will not. The Grinch has a soft spot in my heart, I just love the character and I fondly remember watching the classic cartoon version during the summer months at my grandmother’s house. Of course it would be watched all over again in December when it was more appropriate, ha! A few years back, I created these Grinch Cookies that were featured on People.com and every year I dream up a new Grinch themed recipe, so let it be clear that the Grinch is welcome in these parts and we’ll start by whipping up some Grinchy Peppermint Fudge in his honor!
I start by creaming together some cream cheese and powdered sugar in my stand mixer and set it aside.
In a saucepan, I add some water and then place a glass bowl on top of it. Over medium heat, I melt some white chocolate until it’s completely melted through.
Then I add in some peppermint oil.
And a whole bottle of green food coloring.
Once the chocolate has melted, I immediately add it to the cream cheese mixture and beat it all together until well combined.
I transfer it to a lined baking dish and sprinkle some crushed peppermint sticks over the top.
I chill the fudge in the fridge for about four hours before cutting it into fun Grinchy-green squares for our viewing tradition.
Some of my favorite holiday memories revolve around watching a special movie or show with my family and I love that I get to experience it all over again with my own children. Thanks to Netflix, we get to enjoy classics like The Grinch and Frosty the Snowman along with new favorites like Trolls Holiday. As a family, we enjoy having a Grinchy movie night together where we enjoy our themed snacks like this Grinchy Peppermint Fudge as we watch our furry green friend’s heart grow three sizes. Friends, grab your remote, turn on Netflix, get those twinkle lights on, turn the house lights off, wear your coziest jammies, grab a knitted blanket, and view your family favorites with Netflix this holiday season.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 15 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- green food coloring
- peppermint sticks, crushed
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar using hand or stand mixer and set aside.
- Fill a small saucepan about two inches high with water and place over medium heat.
- Use a glass bowl placed over the saucepan to melt the white chocolate.
- Add the food coloring to the chocolate and once melted through, transfer to cream cheese mixture.
- Beat together chocolate and cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Transfer immediately to baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle peppermint over the top.
- Refrigerate for four hours before cutting into squares.