During the summer months lemon is one of my favorite ingredients to cook with. I love feeling the bright sunny flavor on my tastebuds and the added zest it brings to the meals I’m creating. Lemon Butter Chicken Breasts are a regular in my home lately because not only do I love them, but they’re easy to make; not to mention my kiddos love the chicken as much as I do!
I start my pounding my chicken until it’s just about a quarter of an inch thick.
Over a plate, I add some flour, lemon pepper, and some salt and mix it all together.
I coat each chicken breast in the flour mixture.
In a large skillet, I add a generous amount of butter and once it’s hot enough, I add my chicken breasts to the pan.
I cook the breasts for several minutes on each side until cooked through completely and remove them from the pan.
In the same pan, I add a couple of lemons that I sliced up and let them sizzle for a bit until they brown slightly.
I return the chicken to the pan and drizzle with the lemon juice, allowing everything to reduce for about three minutes or so.
This meal is a wonderfully bright summer dinner. I typically serve it with rice and green beans to keep it somewhat light and healthy. My children never complain when they hear I’m whipping up these Lemon Butter Chicken Breasts, which have become a favorite in the Sosa home. This meal also makes for great leftovers. I like to make a little extra so that I can make an extra lunch for my husband to take to work during the week. The leftover chicken could also be shredded and used for over a salad. The lemon flavor makes it a versatile ingredient for a variety of leftover creations.
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, and halved long ways)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place chicken between two piece of cling wrap and pound lightly until just about 1/4 inch thick; set aside.
- In a large plate combine flour, slat, and lemon pepper.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture; set aside.
- In a large skillet, add butter and once pan is hot, add chicken.
- Cook chicken for several minutes on each side until cooked through; remove from skillet.
- In same skillet add lemon slices and allow to cook until lightly browned.
- Add chicken back to skillet with lemons and drizzle lemon juice over the top.
- Allow butter and juices to reduce for several minutes before removing from the pan to serve.