During the week, I need to keep meals easy breezy. I’ve got one kiddo in hockey and the other in figure skating, which means I don’t have much time when they get home from school to prepare something. Freezer meals, slow cooker meals, and casseroles are my besties on weekdays. This Loaded Chicken Tater Tot Casserole is easy to pull together when we get home from practices or even while the kids are in school and I can refrigerate it until we’re ready to eat.
To start, I chopped up some chicken and cooked it in a skillet with some salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Once the chicken was cooked, I added it to a large bowl with some sour cream, a can of cream of chicken soup, a packet of ranch dressing mix, a bag of real bacon bits, and a few handfuls of cheddar cheese.
I give it all a stir and then fold in a bag of frozen tater tots.
I transfer the mixture to a prepared baking dish.
And it gets baked in a 350F degree oven for about 45 minutes or when the cheese is bubbly and the tater tots on top have gotten brown and crispy.
Once it’d done, I let it cool for a few minutes before cutting into it an serving.
My kids love this casserole. It’s filled with all their favorites: bacon, cheese, and tater tots, so what’s not to like?! If I’m being honest, those are all some of my favorites too, so I’m sort of obsessed with this Loaded Chicken Tater Tot Casserole.
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped and cooked
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1 (3 ounces) bag real bacon pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag (32 ounces) bag frozen tater tots
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked chicken, sour cream, soup, Ranch mix, bacon and cheese.
- Fold in frozen tater tots.
- Transfer mixture into prepared rectangle baking dish
- Bake in a 350F degree oven for 45 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and top layer of tater tots are brown and crispy.